Monday, December 29, 2008
I will run, I will run, I will run...
I have taken up a new challenge - running. I'm far from being good at it but, I plan on making it something I do regularly. I figure, if I can get up and do biking, aerobics, yoga, swimming, etc at 6am - then I can give running a true try! I ran around my block once in high school - that is the extent of my running experience. I started with a couple laps around the track - and well, now I'm up to doing a mile at a time. I can run 2 miles. I hope I can start growing that little number and I plan to run a 5K next summer with my friends. I spent my birthday money to buy nice running shoes and I can't believe the difference - worth every penny. This wouldn't be possible without Kristi cheering me on - so, here's a shout-out to you dear friend! Thank you for being my cheerleader and motivator... I couldn't do it without you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
you go girl!!! You can DO it!
Wohoo!! Way to go...I'm jealous!! :-)
You ROCK, Lea!!!!! Once you run your first 5K, you'll start looking for more races. There's something so exhilarating about race day magic! Can't wait to hear about it!!! :)
I am so excited for you. 5ks are so much fun! You will do great!
I am so excited for you. 5ks are so much fun! You will do great!
Can't wait to run with you! I HAVE to get back to the gym, I have done nothing here! I sorta miss those early mornings with you, but I have liked sleeping in!
I must say running is my "sane" time. It's nuts to say that you enjoy your running time, but it's my thinking/pondering time for the day and it makes me happy for MANY reasons. Good choice for your new challenge. Maybe we can meet in St George for the half one year:-)
You are every bit as much my motivator. Without you I would have no reason to get out of bed. I love driving around the corner and seeing your light on at zero dark thirty in the morning.
Go for it Lea! I"m doing a 5K in March and hopefully a half marathon in April here in nashville- hmmm. . . I better start running! Good lUck!
Post a Comment