First, I should say that I think people have the right to own a gun. But, I think there are more idiots than smart people with guns - and that concerns me. I also think that more accidents happen because people (especially parents) assume their kids will be as careful as they are. If there is going to be a gun in my house - it is going to be well hidden and with the ammo far from it. I think it is far more likely that my kids would do something horrific (accidentally of course) than the fact that I could use it if someone broke into my home. Having a gun hidden to help me protect myself is completely against my better judgement. My friends can not change my mind on this one.
There was a terrible tragedy in Provo just this past weekend where a boy picked up a gun at a friend's house, assuming it was not loaded. Pointed it at a friend - and killed her. Accidents happen OFTEN and it's sickening.
Ok, I've rambled enough. I did enjoy a morning out with my hubby and our good friends to just see what it's like to shoot a gun. There's a great isolated area close to us and honestly, I hope I get to go again! (of course, we had to have photos to prove that I would actually hold and shoot a gun)

8 comments:
I'm with you all the way, my friend! No guns at my house! (Luckily David doesn't want one either, or I might have had to come to terms with it too.) But good job figuring out how to compromise because you look pretty cute with a rifle!
Be grateful your husband isn't obsessed with guns. I'm with you, I would rather not have any. I stay as far away as possible.
Dude, you look tough. I'm with you on the gun stuff though.
Wow! I expected the rifle, but not the semi-automatic-looking-thing (like my intelligence on the subject?) and the pistol. How fun to try them all. I've only tried a rifle. My dad had quite a few for hunting and protection. He had a gun case, though, and always impressed upon us the need for safety. I have the same feelings as you, but recently Mike has been thinking that he would like one for safety. I don't know. It seems like a nice crowbar under the bed would be more helpful than an unloaded gun. But... I'd hate to ever test that theory and have it proven wrong. Having children makes me pretty willing to do a LOT to protect them.
I'm with you on the gun thing. I am scared to death of them! There are far too many accidents out there for my liking! My son came home from a neighbor's house and said their son wanted to show him their guns. I panicked but was composed about it and we had a talk about guns. SCARY! But, you do look pretty cool with a gun!
Yeah, I'm totally with you on that no-gun thing. Like I said, Ella doesn't even know what to call a gun ("shooter")!! Oh, and the middle gun is exactly what all of the police, militia, and security guards (even in malls!) carry around openly (in their hands) in Mexico!! It's intimidating!!
wow- you go girl- that's pretty scary looking- GUNS period scare me. I am no fan of guns at all. I don't think I would even have the guts to shoot a real one anywhere- you're one up on the brave list than I am. I like water guns & bb guns though. ;)
When I have a truck and a gun, then I will be officially cool.
Post a Comment