Wednesday, April 8, 2009
My berry patch
I went to an AMAZING gardening class in February and March and I found it extremely informational, helpful, and at the same time - way overwhelming. But, I've dived in to make a difference for our little "plot of land." I decided to use my small space in our yard for a berry patch. YUMMMMM! I tilled that soil with a shovel and did lots of stuff that I learned in my class! I planted lots (I MEAN LOTS) of strawberries and a row of raspberries too. I still have a itsy-teeny-bitty spot for doing something to be determined later. Our church has a large garden for members to use and I'm hoping that I could use a space there for some of the things I simply didn't have the space for (ie corn, a pumpkin, and a tomato plant). Here is the STARTing of something incredibly sweet!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Wow- Congrats. It looks great. We just had a class on Gardening at Enrichment and I'm getting ready to plant some peas and beans so wish me luck!
Way to go Lea, I'm proud of you. Your family will definately enjoy the fruits of you labor, hee-hee.
Awesome Lea- looking spiffy & berrylicious! This will definitely NOT be our year for gardening- I've got to get rid of all of our weeds first! Good Luck!
Wohooo! I hope I get to enjoy some in the future, too!
good job lea, and it even looks pretty too. can't wait till you get yummy berries!
Post a Comment