Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Run, Run, RUN!

Not that anyone is interested - but yes, I'm still running! Thanks to Kristy! A few weeks ago we decided to try a little extra (we've been doing 3 miles all summer) and we managed to do a 4.5 mile run. It was AWESOME. Awesome, because I actually did it - and because it felt good! So, we did that a few times and today we decided to do even more. We did about 5.5 miles and DANG - it killed me. I came home and collapsed... felt ill, and well, I'm not quite fit for the 5 mile runs yet. But, I will get better, right? It can only GET BETTER (that's how I see it!). I keep thinking that at some point it will get easy... perhaps the 5k would be breezy-easy with these bigger miles under my shoes??!?! What a change in just 8 months!

8 comments:

Lori said...

You go, girls! I'm so glad you're doing this together. Neighbors are the best! :)

Devri said...

That's awesome Lea! I think being able to run longer distances definitely makes a 5K easier.

Angie said...

Hey Lea! I can honestly tell you that as you build up on your distance it gets easier. After my half marathon in April, I ran the Race for the Cure. I finished the race and I felt like I got jipped, it wasn't long enough! Running is an addiction. It is hard to get started (you've already conquered that!!!) but once you get into the longer distances... ahhh the feeling is something I can't explain! Just make sure you don't go too long on a pair of shoes. Your shoes are good for about 250 miles... so about six months.

Alisa said...

Way to go!! I don't know if I can relate to Angie thinking the longer you go...the better! :-) Hahaha...oh well...it still is fun (sometimes)! At least the accomplishment!

Kristy said...

Thanks for being my running buddy. Looks like we'll need to set up a date in the near future for some new running shoes (Do you think we've put 250 miles on our shoes?)

Stormi Winscot said...

Lea, you ROCK!!! Way to go. Keep up the great work. You're ready for a 10 K. Then you could train for the Provo 10 miler, which I think is in early June and then run the Hobble Creek Half Marathon in August. All great races...mostly downhill... a little hard on the knees, but still very nice courses!

Isn't it wonderful to have a friend to run with! You guys are AWESOME!!!

Rachael said...

Just think Lea - in no time at all - you'll be training for that first 1/2 marathon :) And I'll be right with you to hand you that bottle of water when you finish....

Jenny said...

Way to go Lea- just keep going- you can come do the marathon here in nashville next spring the way you're going~