Wednesday, September 16, 2009

California

We went to our best friend's (LAURA) wedding in California. The amazing part about being there for her wedding was that we really got to spend time with her and her fiance (Maynrad) and it was SOOOO MUCH FUN!! PLUS, we got to be there for her INCREDIBLE and BEAUTIFUL wedding. I'm so sorry that I didn't take very good pictures of that day. Bummer. But here are a few. And FYI, Shayne added his commentary to the pictures.

The quilt made with Love for Laura and Maynrad
My mom did most of it, but I (yes, me!) did do the squares in the middle. I really helped sew something beautiful!
Our family at the wedding. Please note all the kid's shirts are clean, which may very well be the first time in our history.


"Blisters"


Laura and Maynrad - IN LOVE! (Maynrad lost his right hand during the wedding, but he was a good sport about it).

After the wedding, we had a family vacation in Sunny California. We had lots of time on the beach and we did the 3/1 pass to Sea World, Wild Animal Park, and San Diego Zoo. By the end of our "park" adventures, the kids were burned out on animals. They would have preferred Disney, or any place with rides, but it was fun to do something different. Here are more pictures to highlight our adventures.

The boys at the beach. Danny's really got to work on that tan.

"This is the worst tasting brown sugar I've ever eaten".

The boys under the sink. They are NOT coming of the closet.

I took away a shell he was trying to eat...

Hooray for disease!

It's a little funny to think that the boys enjoyed this part of the "Wild Animal Park" the best - it was an animatronic dinosaur park. Basically, our kids would rather see extinct animals.

"Our parents only had to pay $16 to see these lame dinosaurs. It just goes to show that whining pays."

Notice the dinosaur is giving the kids the same look that Hunter is giving Cole. That, "I could SO destroy you" look.

Snorkeling with Cole at La Jolla in San Diego was an absolutely highlight for me. He really did snorkel (with adult gear on!) and it was a surreal experience. I LOVED that moment in time and I will never forget the way I felt as we pointed at fish and swam hand in hand! By the way, who can make snorkeling gear look attractive?

Cole with Elmo
Funny Story - Cole ran right past Grover to get to Elmo. It cracked me up that the photographers begged him to go back claiming that Grover has feelings too! But, as you can see, Cole was thrilled to have his picture with Elmo. And it seems to be a RARE moment to have a SMILING Cole in a picture - I'm glad I got it!

Cole's the one on the left

En route to our home, we stopped in Vegas and got some play time with our cousins - who were there for the Labor Day weekend. We love family. It's so much fun to be together, anytime, anywhere.

Hunter and Carson playing together. Doesn't Carson have the bluest eyes you've ever seen?
This is my feeble attempt to show how girls would flock to Danny - at the pools, beaches, where ever we went. He is a magnet! Is this an indicator of his future?

6 comments:

Amber said...

I loved Shane's commentary- hilarious!

Greg and Lara said...

So Danny is going to be "dangerous" with the girls. Ah ha, I see it all unfolding now. Way to give him a middle name he can really grow into. Love the pics, and I of course love Shayne's comments. Very funny.

Brian said...

I'm signed in as Brian, but it's really Devri. How fun! You guys looked great for the wedding. Very nice suit, Shayne. I loved Shayne's commentary.

Kristy said...

Glad you had fun on your trip. That quilt is amazing and you guys looked so nice all dressed up for the wedding. I learned how fun it can be trying to get a natural smile out of Cole when I was snapping pictures of him so I love the picture of him with Elmo, smiles and all!

Jenny said...

Looks like a great trip you guys- how fun!!! San Diego is such a great place! Go Danny- go get those cute girls!

Spencer and Shalynn said...

I know it has been a long time since I read your blog, so sorry! What a great vacation!! I love that Danny cries when you take things away too. I thought it was just mine. :)