Saturday, November 7, 2009

RUNNERS!

I need help from all you fellow runners, working-out fanatics, bikers, ETC. I need new music. I've been running to the same music for MONTHS and MONTHS. It drives me nuts how I hear a song and I already know what's next... and it isn't very motivating. PLUS, only a few of my songs are really fast enough for me. Not that I'm a fast runner, but I guess I'd prefer a faster pace (I don't go far, I am a short girl!). So, PLEASE, start telling me your favorites to run/workout/whatever. I'm hoping for lots of great new ideas!

7 comments:

Angie said...

Kay, you can totally laugh at me, but you asked so I will tell you what I LOVE to run to....Old stuff... like 90's dance tunes. Ghetto fabulous music! Examples
C & C Music Factory "Everybody Dance Now!"
Technotronic, Anything upbeat and dance music...totally works for me... keeps my legs moving. I listen to the lyrics and sometimes they are so funny, that I get distracted from running (you know those tired knees!) and I enjoy every minute!

Amber said...

Here are some of my favorites (strange mix, I know!):

Let's Get it Started (Black Eyed Peas)
Goodbye to You (The Veronicas)
Survivor (Destiny's Child)
Break the Ice (Britney Spears)
L.O.V.E (Ashlee Simpson)
Jai Ho (from Slumdog Millionaire)
How Far We've Come (Matchbox 20)

Hope that helps!

Anonymous said...

You would laugh if I told you my tunes for running - I am still stuck in high school with hip hop. BUT I also stay up to date with anything fast-paced nowadays...I-tunes store, look on new releases and usually there's the good ones!

Stormi Winscot said...

Currently I have on my i-pod Erasure, U2, ZZ Top, James Brown, Sting, & The Rocky Soundtrack. Though in all honesty, I've ran to these songs for years. Totally understand the need to branch out for different tunes! Good Luck!

Chari said...

My all time favorite is still Mr. Brightside by the Killers. I like to run to all their music (when I actually make myself run). Other than that, it's oldies like Billie Idol and Def Lepard. I miss running with you!!! Keep it up!

Laura said...

For some reason Dixie Chicks has a few songs that are just the right tempo (Wide Open Spaces and Cowboy, Take Me Away). I also like As If by Sara Evans, Love Song by Sara Bareilles, and the Meryl Streep version of the Mamma Mia songs. I know ... very eclectic. What can I say? ;o)

Yea for RUNNERS!!!!!!

Rachael said...

Oooohhh - I love this post. I was going to post something similar because I'm running out of songs myself. So I've been reading all the comments and looking up their songs.

Here's some I've bought recently off iTunes (and don't laugh) -

Up! - Shania Twain
Epic - Faith No More
Life is a Highway - Tom Cochrane
Piece of Me - Britney Spears
Who Do You Love? - George Thoroughgood
503 - Hans Zimmer
4 Minutes - Madonna
Hey Baby - No Doubt

And I think I told you, but the Dark Knight soundtrack is awesome! Check out that one and let me know how it goes.