Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving and thanks... and a little shopping

I love having my parents close to us. What a treat to load up the kids, all the pies, rolls, and other goodies, and be there within a half hour to enjoy being together! I love my family. I am so grateful for a family who loves each other and loves to be together! We missed having Shayne's family by us this year and we send hugs to each of them!

On Friday morning, I started a WEE bit early... 3:05 am to be exact. I decided to set the alarm for 3:05 cause it looked just a little better than 3:00!! Anyhoo, I think it's mean that Sears did a 4am opening, but I had success and managed to get us a brand new washer and dryer for the price of 1! It was a SWEET deal and I'm still dumbfounded that I managed to get it. I waited outside for 1/2 hour, then inside at another line to get to the register for 45 minutes. That place was CRAZY!! At least I thought it was crazy till I decided to drive past Target - considering the prospect of running in to get a little thing I saw for Danny. Ummmmm, that line has about 1500 people... probably more!!! That was MIND BOGGLING and I was so grateful that I wasn't in that line! And it was definitely not worth a $10 toy!!

I just have to list a few things I'm grateful for:
my hubby
our kids
our dog
our warm house
our working cars
our extended family
the sunshine!
Hawaii.... just wish I was there!
my friends
my clarinet and piano
my memories
my Heavenly Father
my Savior
for all who inspire me to be better than yesterday
and for tomorrow - it is a chance for a clean slate to be a better mom, friend, and wife.

2 comments:

Kristy said...

I love having my Momma close too, isn't it the best! And way to go with the washer/dryer. Can't wait to see.

Devri said...

I've never participated in Black Friday. Way to be!