Thursday, November 12, 2009

Toilets and hard water

So, I'm curious, does anyone have a magical solution for hard water stains in a toilet bowl? I've tried several different cleaners and my latest fad is a big bottle of COLA just soaking all night. It works ok... but I keep thinking there's got to be something better out there. I can put in the elbow grease and get the hard water lines to be gone... but they come back within the week!! I want an easier solution! : - )

7 comments:

Angie said...

I found some AMAZING cleaner... Seriously, it is that good! I am really picky too! There is a store called Don Aslett's. It is located on 10400 S. and Redwood Road. They have the best bowl cleaner EVER! On top of that, they have a cleaner called Shower's and stuff, and seriously, that stuff works WONDERS! If I lived closer I would let you try some of mine, it is that good!

Boy(d) said...

The easiest solution is to do away with a toilet altogether. You have a nice big back yard at your disposal. And your 4 boys have the whole world as their urinal.
I understand the force of cultural norms, but you can rise above that. NONCOMFORMITY!!!!

Percussionmama said...

Use a pumice stone to scrub it off.

Anonymous said...

Lime Away for cleaner and a water softener for the hard water :-)

Stormi Winscot said...

Vinegar works magic for hard water, plus a million other things. Good luck. Let us know what works for you.

Emily said...

Well its not easy but start out with a pumice stone. Then after it is clean again - get the KABOOM tank drop in... it keeps it all clean for like three months and then just refill... It worked really well for the nasty water we got in Northern Idaho. (devri's sister by the way)

Chelsea said...

My personal favorite toilet cleaner is Lysol Professional toilet cleaner. I have found it at Sam's club and Costco. The first time I used it, it took the hard water yuck stains right out and they haven't been back since. It does most of the cleaning so I don't have to scrub! Good luck!