Thursday, January 28, 2010

Christmas Part #1


Well, this really should be post #1 and #4... since we were with Grandma & Grandpa at the start and the end of our trip! I think all my photos for this post are from the first few days - it's sad they went so fast! BTW, we had the opportunity to spend Christmas with Shayne's parents who are currently serving a full-time LDS mission in North Carolina (Employment Service Specialists). We loved being with them and miss them terribly!

"Lazy 5 Ranch" - the owner said he had 5 lazy kids and that's how the name came about! It's ACRES and ACRES of open land to see and even feed animals. Nothing like a zoo as you can from the pics!
In the next 5 seconds, this bird nipped at Grandpa's hat.... he wanted that food!

That was ONE BIG MAMA TONGUE!

He was itching to get in the wagon with us...

Who knew that a Kangaroo was sooooo soft?!? We got to pet him through the fence here... he (she?) was very gentle.

Christmas morning.

This is my favorite sequence of pictures - I mentioned in previous post that one gift was a card that had a picture of their friends and the words, "It's a sleepover!" I hadn't told them that I had extended our trip to include a visit to their friends' house and 4 nights of sleepover fun!

"What the....?"

"AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!"


Grandma's laugh is CONTAGIOUS!

So, Santa left some tatoos in the stocking. I don't think he intended them to be used all at once. (PS I think a grandparent help him decorate his back too... they lasted for WEEKS!)

Danny in his "spot" on the table watching new Baby Einstein videos.
What's not to love about this face?

3 comments:

Alisa said...

Adorable photos of them opening the card about the sleepover. And I didn't know you went and saw all of those cool animals! Fun fun!

Greg and Lara said...

Love the pics! Thank goodness you finally made it to Part #1!

Chari said...

I am so glad they were so excited to see us! I still love those pictures. Looks like a great trip!