Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Weekend Getaway

Long story short, Shayne's sister has good friends who very kindly invited us to enjoy a family weekend at their ranch nestled in the mountains. It was SPECTACULAR! We had a great weekend playing, eating, and just being together. I am so grateful for Shayne's sisters and their families! Check out all our fun activities!
I have to admit that even though Shayne had to practically drag me out for shooting guns, I really enjoyed it! I even hit the clay targets in the air! (pat on my back)
Chris just has that "rustic" look about him...

I love this picture of Cherae wrestling her boys!
My first ride out on the snowmobile and I managed to get it stuck. Well, then it wouldn't even start. Turns out, I'm not a lame snowmobiler (as I suspected), but there were mechanical issues. We hung out next to the snowmobile for a bit, then realized it wasn't going to move soon. Danny and I hitched a ride back on the other snowmobile!


Movie time in the theatre room. Seriously, this place was luxury!

Julia, my niece, and I snowshoeing. It was a first time for me and I thought it was great! Too bad our adventure was cut short by the setting sun and dinner time!

Special thanks to Chanin for these awesome "ALL BOY" toys! They were a "hit!"

My nephew, James, was the official tube puller! He took those kids around the fields for HOURS and HOURS! I can't believe how much he has grown up.

Danny was lulled to sleep on this ride! We had to keep him between Cole and myself, so he wouldn't hit his head on the front part as he dozed off!
Danny found a new buddy, his cousin Carson. Thank you Carson for being such a sweet cousin and fun playmate!

Grandma and Grandpa - we missed you!

10 comments:

Chanin's Family said...

Thank goodness someone took pictures of this wonderful weekend! Will you put them online so I can download some? I didn't take my camera out once:(
A wonderful tradtion, I think!

Alisa said...

Wow! What an awesome place! I'm a bit jealous! Then again...that requires tolerance of snow?!!

Kristy said...

Looks like such a wonderful place to visit. But oh no...oh dear...someone is missing...it's me. Don't forget to take me next time. :)

Devri said...

How Fun! Makes me wish I had snow pants. Danny is so cute. It's fun to watch how much he is growing!

Chari said...

Wow, Lea with a gun. Scary! But you look good with it! Way to hit the targets, that's tough! What a fun place to hang out.

Spencer and Shalynn said...

Looks super fun! Give snowmobiling another shot. It's great! :)

Greg and Lara said...

Two words: jealous.

Jenny said...

Great FUN for you guys- I still need to go snowmobiling- never done that or shot a gun come to think of it! Shayne has an awesome family!

Jen said...

Holy cow, you guys have so much fun! Totally Jealous! I'm glad you had a good time.

Rachael said...

No wonder you didn't want to hang out with us that weekend :)