I often feel frustrated that I don't write in my journal very often - then I remind myself that I'm doing a blog! Here is where I've written down the fun things we do, the funny things the boys say and do, and it's a spot for me to write a little about our everyday lives. So here are couple of things I want to remember as they grow older...
Hunter
Today, I got to attend his first grade "pet zoo" where we showed off Maggie and he was able to meet all sorts of dogs, cats, small rodents, and even a horse. It was a fun morning. After the "zoo" portion we had a picnic lunch together. Hunter started telling me about how his friend Donna always brings treats to school but she doesn't share them with him - NEVER - only with another boy. I think his name was Jacob. Well, then Hunter says, "Yeah, Donna and Jacob say that when they get older, they are going to make-out."
me: "Oh.... and what do you think that means?"
H: "I think it means they'll get married or date."
me: "yeah, you're probably right."
Cole
This has happened a couple times, Cole will be talking to me or showing me something and Danny, of course, is with us too. Cole will realize he needs something from another room and say, "Mommy, can you keep an eye on Danny for me while I go downstairs - I need to get something."
He's such a sweet big brother.
Danny
He has started to say "Ah-meee" which is mommy. He also loves to sit at the stools at the counter and will come over to the counter and say "down, down, down"
me: "You mean up?"
Danny: "Up, Up, Up!"
I love the way he jumps - both feet up and down - and he LOVES the trampoline. If the weather is nice, he wants to be outside jumping. He'd rather have his big brothers with him - but he'll go outside by himself and just jump, jump, jump. It's so stinkin' cute. I guess Shayne woke up because there was screaming at 7am and he figured out that Hunter had gotten Danny out of bed, let him outside (because he begs to go out right away) and he was FREEZING!!! I was still at the gym, so that's the reason I wasn't there! Now I tell Danny, get your coat and shoes - and since that incident, he hasn't fought me on that requirement!
4 comments:
So cute! Good post Lea! I LOVE to hear the funny things kids say.
Ella is all about the tramp too. Maybe we should let them have some jump time together:)
Such a good way of journaling.
I'm glad you're keeping a public journal so I can read about everything too. Congrats on the ride! You're amazing.
Your boys are so cute. In fact, when we found out we were having a boy, I looked at how cute your boys are and decided a boy would be okay. I love watching your boy with my boy.
As for the journal thing, I do the same thing. I feel guilty for not being very good about my journal, and then I remind myself about my blog too.
You're awesome!
Post a Comment