Now, for the best part - Cole. Cole insisted it was "pajama" day in his class. I suggested it was "character day" just like Hunter said and every single newsletter I had read in the past 2 weeks - but no, he was adament that it was pajama day. I pick my fights.
I went to school that morning with Cole because I was the assigned volunteer for that morning. As we waited for the first bell at the playground, I mentioned "I don't see very many pajamas Cole."
Cole - that's because not many of these kids are in my class.
Next, we are ushered into the classroom. NOT ONE OTHER KID has on PJ's and I'm watching Cole. He notices quickly and slowly and slyly, he leaves his coat on and hunkers into his chair, almost hiding under the table. The teacher asks kids to stand up to show their "costumes" since it was hard to know who was dressed up or not. Cole kept his head down.
When it was time to leave for the assembly, the teacher asked Cole to hang up his coat. He reluctantly did as he was asked - came back to the line - arms hugged tight to his chest and chin down. IT WAS SO SAD! and yet funny - I'm telling you - that kid was adament in his decision to wear his pj's. As he left, I mentioned quietly - "if someone asks who you are, you can say you are Max from the book where the boy stays in his pajamas the whole time." He kinda smiled and gave me an exasperated shake of the head....
When he returned from the assembly, he looked like he had the time of his life and well, he didn't care what he was wearing.
Is it wrong that I got such a laugh from this?
4 comments:
Hunter looks great! I wouldn't have thought of drawing on the glasses. Poor Cole, but I laugh too, I have one that stubborn. It must be a kindergarten thing. :)
Great costume Hunter! Cole is such his own person. I miss all of you so much!
HYSTERICAL!
That is so awesome! Way to be creative on the costume!
Post a Comment