Second, make sure you have a support network to take care of those wee-ones while we are gone.
Then it's time to plan and prepare....
Shayne did all the homework on the ports and activities. He booked several of the excursions prior to the cruise saving us as much as 75% off the cruise ship prices.... yeah, he rocks.
Me, I made sure I had the grandparents schedules in-sync, got a few neighbors to pitch in too and honestly, I worried about making the schedules, coordinating rides, and having doctor information all ready if there were to be an emergency. I made a great diagram of my "typical" week to help the grandparents see what they were in for and then I left my kids in their hands. I knew they were loved, watched over, and they would enjoy the vacation from me as much as we needed one as Mommy/Daddy.
Our phone service worked while in Mexico, but it would have cost an arm and a leg for 2 minutes of yapping. So - no calls, just trusting all was fine unless they did call! I don't remember relaxing this much, EVER.
Now for the pics and recaps of our adventure...
2 comments:
photos coming soon?
So glad you had a little getaway! Everyone needs that on occasion. Way to go for making it without any phone calls. :)
Post a Comment