I took the boys down to my parents house last Monday night. Shayne was out of town for a couple days and I didn't have lessons that day (as I typically do on a Monday night). I brought HUGE marshmallows to do a Family Home Evening activity with the boys and their cousin, Michael. The challenge - to sit in front of the marshmallow for 5 minutes (I know, I should have done 15) and if they didn't eat them, they could have 2 marshmallows. Afterwards, we watched a video together of Pres. Uchtdorf talking about this same challenge and patience. It was a fabulous night for all of us! I wish Shayne could have been there too.
Notice that Michael's is already gone!!
"I not touching it!"
I was amazed at Danny's determination - he wouldn't even touch it.
The rewards
The video:





5 comments:
Excellent Mothering! You are such a darling mom, cute kids too!
Where did you get those huge marshmallows? Darling idea...I just might have to borrow it. :)
I loved that talk. It was a good reminder.
Super impressed! Danny did a great job. Don't you love the video?
I wonder how they would have faired going the full 15 minutes. I think Danny could have done it. Cole, on the other hand...
Post a Comment