A recent adventure by Hunter was helping us dig some trenches in our backyard for a rain-gutter. He LOVED digging. He even got up early one morning and started before 7am on the digging project. My favorite part of this "adventure" was the conversation I had with him while digging....
"I feel like I'm in the movie "Holes" but they were being forced to do it to build character. But really, they were slaves to the people who were looking for buried treasure - it wasn't at all about building character. Yeah, I'm like the kid in holes."
Hunter dug like he was in holes and he really was a huge help in our project - thanks Hunter! Maybe there was a pinch of character building in our project?
A recent conversation between Cole and myself:
C: When can I marry Emily?
Me: ummm, after high-school. Wait, you'll want to be a missionary first, then you can get married. I'm pretty sure Emily will want to marry a return missionary.
C: What? No way am I waiting THAT long!
Me: ummmm, sorry, but I think that's the way things will go.
C: No, I think we'll get married after 1st grade. Yeah, after 1st grade.
Danny's new catch-phrase:
"That's too fair"
Me: don't you mean, "no fair?"
"No, TOO FAIR MOMMY!!"
Me: ok.
7 comments:
So funny! I especially like Cole's conversation. Thanks for reminding me that I need to make note of fun things my own kids say. :)
Wow, I don't know whose conversation is funnier. You've got a lot of personality running around in that house!
Hehehee...so funny!
hahaha...what a funny conversation:)
p.s. your trip to China looked amazing! SO GLAD you had a fun time:)
Oh sweet boys. I think that Cole should marry Emily just cause that would be such a cute story. What a little man. He wants a house, a wife, and he isn't even in first grade yet.
First off - I'm so super impressed that Hunter said, "being forced to do it to build character." - holy cow! What insight and vocabulary :)
Cole cracks me up. Tell him we wont buy him a wedding present unless he waits until after his mission.
I was thinking of this again - ask Cole where he plans to live if he marries Emily after 1st grade - because he has to realize he can't have his old room (and Hunter isn't going to share) That will open up an extremely fun discussion :)
Post a Comment