I barely got to the point that I really knew that Hunter was 8 - I didn't quite believe it for the whole year! Now he's even OLDER! I told him to stop growing up - he just laughs at me. We do birthday parties on even-year birthdays and birthday dates with mom & dad on the odd years. I did my best to make his day memorable and happy!
I surprised him at school with a happy-meal during his lunch time. I had sent him to school with a sacklunch and he complained when I made a PB&J sandwich when he really wanted a "Lunchable" - I said "Sorry, it's already made. You'll live." I did it on purpose because I packed a lunch I would want to eat! When he figured it out later - that really cracked him up.
Danny and I watched Hunter play 4-Square. This is is FAVORITE recess activity. The big boys were especially nice to him on his b-day - doing "truces" and letting him cut in line. 4-Square was a lot different in my day...
On his birthday - I was busy teaching lessons all afternoon and our wonderful babysitter, Marissa, made cupcakes for us and even stayed to help us celebrate. It was an impromptu family birthday party - even Grandma and Grandpa showed up!
That weekend, we had our birthday date with our big boy - we went to the Barnum and Bailey Circus. I wasn't super excited about it - but it really surprised me with all the amazing acts and costumes. We really enjoyed ourselves! Our favorite part was the tight-rope walkers -but I did all videos (rather than pics) of that part.
We finished up the date with Mexican food - Hunter's favorite. He ordered his burrito and ate TONS of chips and salsa. I love that my boys love Mexican food!
Things about Hunter:
He has officially moved downstairs to his OWN BEDROOM!
He got a new alarm clock and that kid doesn't know what "sleep in" means... someday I'm sure there will be a change!
He saved his own money for the last few months - including all his birthday cash and purchased his very own I-Touch for himself. I'm so proud of his money savyness and his self-control to save, save, save!!
He loves to play soccer and occasionally I'll find him shooting hoops in our backyard too.
He loves Legos and can spend hours working on projects and playing with them.
He is known for being helpful and especially kind to others in his classroom - what mom wouldn't beam with pride for those traits?
He loves his new school, teacher, and class.
He is an excellent student.
He loves cheesey Disney sitcoms... not mommy's fav.
He is an amazing pianist - with an amazing memory!
His favorite foods: homemade burritos, nachos with pepper-jack cheese, tomato soup w/cheese sandwiches, and pork chops (thanks to Cherae's recipe).
I love you HUNTER!! You are such a blessing in our lives. I can't imagine a day without you!
1 comment:
Great to hear about Hunter! He is growing up so fast- what a nice & smart kid- you guys should be proud!
Post a Comment