Friday, December 2, 2011

Thanksgiving Vacation

We had a FABULOUS Thanksgiving vacation in St George this year.  There was plenty of fun to be had as Chanin and Steve's house is definitely the FUN PLACE to be!!!  Check out a few of the highlights!

Clayton - guess how that felt after he landed.

The boys swam daily - yeah for the heated pool!

Hunter did a "back flop" and he SCREAMED after this shot!  Poor guy...

Clayton, Hunter, and Grandma

 Hunter and Carson

All the boys loved playing X-box.... good thing Uncle Shayne brought the console, games, and remotes - this definitely was a crowd pleaser.

Enjoying the hot tub - great smiles from all!

I just love this pic - that muffin is almost as big as his head!

Someone did sleep a little bit!

I think we counted 13 dishes of food for 18 people...  Here is a snapshot of my Candied Yams - the marshmallows EXPLODED and made a very sticky mess.  But everyone said it was worth it - they were YUMMY!

The cooks...  or chefs....  Thanksgiving cooking is lots of fun with lots of hands (and paper dishes to clean up!)

We took a hike on Friday morning - Cole and Danny were troopers (so was mommy being so pregnant!) and I'm grateful for those who lagged behind to help us along (Grandma, Grandpa, and James)


Weather was fabulous - lots of basketball fun.  Even Cole got in on a few games!

We saw Santa at a Christmas boutique at the Dixie Center.  Hunter asked for books, Cole asked for a computer, and I have no idea what Danny asked for.

After a weekend in St George - we extended our vacation and went to Vegas for a couple days so Daddy could go to a conference there.  The boys were a little disappointed to miss school for 2 days (HA HA HA HA).  There were all sorts of costumed people along the strip - and for tips you can take pictures with them.  We chose Bumblebee - his costume really was soooo cool.

Danny ran ahead when he saw this famous guy - sooo sweet.  You have to admit that it's a rare moment to get a pic with Mickey - the lines are WAY TOO LONG in Disneyland or DisneyWorld to get this sort of picture!

Then we decided to go to Paris after Vegas....  (JK)

We checked out a new hotel/shopping area called the Aria.  There was this cool display in the mall with tubes of sorts of water-tornados.  The boys loved these!

Our family...  just a couple more weeks till that belly pops!

4 comments:

Amber said...

Your Thanksgiving looks so fun (and warm!) I have to say that I thought the candied yams were rolls when I first saw the picture. I laughed when I realized they were marshmallows!

Unknown said...

I'm so excited that soon I'm going to have a nice camera like yours. Those pool shots were amazing! I miss you guys!

Kristy said...

It is rare indeed to get a picture with Mickey...in Vegas :)

Devri said...

Hooray for Thanksgiving! So fun! What an amazing pool!