There is an annual Christmas party for BYU faculty and their families. Shayne has been attending this annual event his whole life. It's fun to see the fun continue with our boys! They have games, pictures with Cosmo, and even get to visit with Santa. Grandpa is always the one who will wait in the ETERNAL line for Santa - honestly, it's ridiculous. But, the tradition continues...
I forgot to take a picture of the elf who joined our house this year. The "Elf on the Shelf" is a big deal in a few of our neighbor's homes. Our elf happened to be from a dollar bin and came with a note rather than a book, but he had Danny entertained. The only bummer was that the little guy kept forgetting to move - he'd stay in the same place for DAYS at a time. LOL (he's suppose to be moving around and watching to see that everyone is nice)
I also made Gingerbread Men from scratch - they were as hard as rocks - but still fun to decorate and tasty. Yeah - they are zombies. (Mine and Danny's were boring and normal)
Our church had a Christmas Breakfast Party and the best part was the hot chocolate bar - LOVED it. Special visitors came and read a story and took a little time with all the kids too. Cole didn't want to visit with him, until the very end (that's why he got his own photo op). He was busy telling his best friend that Santa isn't real. I whispered in his ear that if I heard him telling his friend such things, his presents would be taken back to the store and I was SERIOUS. No ruining Christmas for others!


3 comments:
Sad day for Cole. I still believe in Santa Claus, and I still get presents from him :)
Love the zombie gingerbread men. I'm totally doing that next year.
Every year Greg's mom begs us to go to this - but I think going every year in his childhood was enough for Greg. Maybe we'll try for next year. :) I want to know if the crowds rivaled the Meet n' Greet in August - with crazy women grabbing clothes??
Post a Comment