Hunter has been asking for years to hike the "Y" and I always say, "yeah, let's do that this year! I'll drop the little kids off at Grandma's and you and I will GO!" but then we never do it. So, this year as I was considering what to do for our lovely spring break at home, I thought why not do it together? I haven't done that hike in YEARS and I forgot how steep it is! But, WE DID IT. Hunter, Cole, Danny, and Skyler on my back and it was CONQUERED. I thought going down would be easier but it was even harder with Skye on my back - I'll go back in 3 years when Skyler can walk it himself! I called my friend Julie and she brought her kids (even though the Y is NOT a favorite hike for her!) Thanks Julie for doing it with us! It was a great morning!
Cole collected rocks and even got Hunter's friend to carry a backpack full of them for him - I wish I had a pic of those huge rocks!
Picnic at the top - except I decided to leave my sandwiches in the car. My kids were NOT happy about that! Snack time it is, and a picnic at the bottom.
At the top!
No comments:
Post a Comment