Thursday, September 19, 2013

Europe - daytrip to Venice

I'm not really putting a lot of detail into these posts, I can make a book with everything!  So, I'm trying to keep it simple, yet there's still so much!  We started at the wee-hours of the morning to drive all the way to Venice, Italy.  This is another time when Shayne and I marveled at how much we did with this group - they could easily bag this "day-trip" and save a lot of money.  But it was such a highlight of the trip at the same time, so we're grateful that it's still on the agenda!  We had to all wear matching clothing - which included LONG pants and it was SOOOOOO hot and muggy.  Yucky and mucky!  Having been to Venice now, I'm glad we got to go, but it's not on my go back and see more list.  I was surprised how filthy it was and perhaps the millions and gazillions of people was a little bit of the not-so-fun part.  




They did a demonstration for us and we watched him make this horse - out of glass!  He made it look easy, of course.  But maybe I make a C major scale look easy to others....  ha ha ha

We went to the top of the tower and I was surprised how much we couldn't see!  We weren't high enough to see the canals between the buildings - guess they should do helicopter rides!


Feeding the birds...

No comments: