Friday, January 3, 2014

Hunter's happenings

As mentioned in the Christmas post, Hunter got snowboarding gear and a pass for his Christmas this year.  It's his "EVERYTHING" and so far, he's very glad he did it!  He's had a couple turns with Daddy on the slopes and a day with me as well.  And we managed to get in a day all together during the break while Grandma and Grandpa helped with the little kids.  I wish I had taken a picture of the three of us together!  But Aunt Cherae and Uncle Shaughn were there too and they were all great sports about letting Hunter and I take our time to work down the slopes.  They are the skiers - we are determined to be more like them!







ALSO, Hunter has been busy with his class play.  They read "A Christmas Carol" as a class then using Google Docs they created a screenplay for themselves.  It was an amazing task to take on and their teacher is awesome.  Hunter wanted to be Marley soooo badly, and luckily he got the part!  He was fantastic, of course.  He spoke clearly and really got into character.  It was a struggle to hear everyone in the play - which was a shame.  Scrooge was his good friend Isabella, she was also great.  It was just a VERY long play and I wish Hunter had chosen to be a narrator - we would have understood so much more.  But, I think they learned a lot doing this project and now they are looking forward to creating their very own play next semester.



No comments: