Every time I have taken Skyler to get his haircut, he has cried and cried. I end up holding him in my lap and the hairdresser has to work fast!! This time, I was not looking forward to the fight and seriously consider the fancy (expensive) haircut place that gives kids balloons, treats, movies - the whole 9 yards - because maybe it's worth it if the kid doesn't hate you after the haircut! But, I took him to our neighbor just one more time - maybe this time will be different. Since the last haircut, Skyler has found a new love for GUM. He LOVES gum. Sometimes he does just eat it, but honestly, my 2 year old will chew gum for an hour or more and then throw it into the garbage. And when I pointed out that the haircutter would give him a gumball after his haircut - he climbed up in that chair by himself and sat as still as a statue. Gum is now my secret weapon.

No comments:
Post a Comment