Monday, May 26, 2014

Ready, spring BREAK!

We kicked off our Spring Break in style - we went to Zion's National Park for 4 days of hiking and exploring.  We went with our BFF's Kristy and Chris and their family. 



All a boy needs is water and rocks to throw in it...  they probably could have done this all day.


Skyler is a mama's boy - I think I should enjoy it while it lasts.

Skyler thought he was just as big as everyone else.  He got REALLY mad every time we put him in the pack.  Sorry big guy, your pace just isn't quite fast enough despite your ambitions.


Danny thought he could carry Skyler to help out...


We sat by a river and just played in the sand, threw rocks, and relaxed.  Honestly - it was sooooo wonderful to just enjoy where we were for the moment!



I love this pic because it shows how Skyler was constantly watching Em - he loved being by her side!

Every night after dinner, we would go to the local school playground and just play.  Skyler invented a game of "follow me" and Max obliged and played it over and over and over again -- Run, spin, fall to the ground - repeat.  





What Kristy and I did the whole time...  lovin' our cameras!


Chris, Sarah, Shayne, and Hunter hiked Angel's Landing while the rest of us did a low-key easy hike/walk.  I'm so proud of Hunter for doing this big hike!






Look behind them, that big long ridge - HE DID THAT!!!
  
Oooh, I'm so tempted to post all the silly-faced pics I have!!  But here's just one...

taking a break...


The "lot" of us!

Loved this vacation and loved being with Chris and Kristy - I hope we have another adventure together soon!!!
 

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Awesome guys! I can't wait until Tuck is older and we can start hiking! He loves rocks and water too! This got Trr excited for Yellowstone!