Sunday, October 12, 2014

Wrapping up our summer...

To wrap up the summer, we sent Hunter off to a camp for a FULL WEEK!!!  This is a school camp - run by teachers for only 5th graders.  It was tough to get him in (it filled up within 30 minutes of opening registration), but we managed.  And he was so grateful!  He went with one of his best friends, Liam.  He still walks around the house singing songs he learned at the camp.  When someone asks him about it, he usually tells them that he would have paid for it himself if he had known how great it was, but luckily mom paid that bill.  (and he has thanked me many times)  We sure missed him, and there was a little piece of Mommy that is in denial about this guy growing up so fast.

While Hunter was out of town, we went to meet with a REAL scientist at BYU.  He married one of my roommates and I've been itching to take my boys to see a real science lab and learn about what he does.  He was so gracious and kind, and PATIENT!  Dr. P let Cole get decked out with gloves and a lab coat to measure and mix a little "potion" (that's Cole's scientific word).  We saw all sorts of cool lab equipment and learned how he uses them.  I hope I can take Hunter sometime - I should have done this when he was home.  But, it was definitely a special treat for our budding scientist, Cole.








No comments: