Thursday, December 10, 2015

The Rivalry Relay

I talked Shayne into doing the Rivalry Relay with me.  This is a local relay that happens in 1 day - you have 6 people (or less for those crazy runners) and you each do 3 legs of the race - grand total is 60+ miles in one day.  It starts at the UofU campus and goes to BYU campus.  We did this race with two couples from our neighborhood - and they are not only great runners - they are AMAZINGLY FUN and FABULOUS people.  It was a very early morning, a long day, and SO HOT.  But, when you're with people that keep you laughing and happy in those conditions - it's all about who you are with!  We had a blast.  I'll do it again - but maybe in two years.  ha ha ha!  

Chris came up with the team name - the logo (designed by Shayne) made it a reality.  Here are pics showing our adventure in a mini-van and pounding the pavement.



At the starting line - notice it's dark and this is summer - it was really early.


BTW, our car won the "best decorated car" award... or something like that.  We think it was a pity prize - since they really liked our name the best but for some reason they gave the "best name" award to another team.














TJ did the hardest leg - running up Suncrest.  It's a climb - and he RAN!  


I love this view of Nikki running down from Suncrest...


Did I mention it was hot?



An awkward hand-off between Shayne and I





At the finish line



No comments: