Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Disney World!

It was a dream come true for us - we went to Disney World for a week! It was a fabulous and unforgettable week. We went expecting Florida sunshine and perhaps a little sun on our cheeks for our return home - that was not the case. They had record setting lows and the crops were all freezing at night - not quite the warmth we had hoped for - but we survived. We had one day of rain - luckily we had brought rain gear and left it nice and dry in our hotel for the day we needed it. (hee hee) We did the Disney package deal - we arrived at the airport and we were shuttled around for the rest of the time by Disney transportation - no rental car, no gas pumps, and very short rides to each of the parks! Overall, it was pretty crowded - considering we had gotten a "discount price" to get people there in the "low season" - their marketing was obviously working.

So, I have to tell you about our Cinderella dinner. It was our favorite "character dining" experience of the week. I know - we have boys and why did we do a 'princess' thing?!? It didn't feel "girly" when we were there. It was really a treat to meet Cinderella and to eat in her castle. They called me "princess" and the boys were either a "Prince" or "Lord" - it was so fun! They gave the boys swords (little girls get a magic wand) and it was an amazing place to be at. You have to get a good laugh when looking at this picture - that's our Cole. He had just hurt his thumb (if he wasn't falling to hurt his head - there was usually another injury to complain about!) and that picture says a thousand words about his attitude. WE LOVE this picture.

Here are some more pictures of our week - it was really a great experience to be just our little family for such a special week!


This is one ride that Hunter could not go on - next time he'll be tall enough. (I hope we get to go again before he graduates from high school!)

By the way - this is a true to life Lion - we were just driving by it in our "safari truck" - it was spectacular! He must be kept well-fed... there was NO FENCE to protect us. This was at the Animal Kingdom.
Hunter was tall enough to go on just about everything (I think there was 1 ride he couldn't go on). But, poor Cole - got shafted. There were quite a few rides that he could not go on. At Animal Kingdom - Cole BARELY made the cut-off for this ride - of course on a hot summer day - it would have been fabulous to get wet. So, we threw on the rain gear and covered ourselves the best we could because we had to ride it twice just because Cole was big enough!

Danny was a great traveler. He smiled and made friends with anyone who sat by us! I love this picture. Shayne is the one who always gives him "tastes" of things that mommy says "no!" So, Shayne decided to see if he'd like Hunter's sucker. Well - as you can see, he was loving it. Shayne didn't even have to hold it and that sucker was the size of his head!

Farewell Disney World! The place of magic and wonder continues everyday and we hope we can go again someday!

6 comments:

Kristy said...

I'm glad you had such a great time. The Cinderella picture is my favorite.

Laura said...

How fun!!!! The sulking Cole picture really IS funny.

I can't wait till our kids are a little older and we can try a few cool vacations. Right now, even visiting Grandparents is quite an exhausting ordeal. :)

(Love the huge sucker, btw!)

Nice new blog look!!!!

Alisa said...

What fun! Too bad Cole couldn't go on most of the rides... :-(

Sounds like a blast...and how exciting that you got that nice gift from the man on the plane!

All of the kids have something, here. Some type of fever that goes in and out about every 8 hours. Crazy!

Love you, and glad that you made the trip safely!

Jenny said...

Those were so funny pictures- loved Cole man and little Danny- he's precious and so smiley!! I'm glad you guys had a great time! I can't wait until Tyler is old enough to go to Disneyworld- I love that place!! It's so magical- I never want to leave!

Rachael said...

Okay, Greg and my opinion on the lions...drugs. Serious, serious drugs.

Devri said...

Hunter doesn't look too thrilled to be holding Cinderella's hand either. Cole is funny! I bet it is fun to go to Disney World with kids. The first and only time I went, I was 18. You have such cute kids!