Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Saying Good-bye

Our neighbors and best friends have moved to bigger and better adventures in Tennessee. It was assumed if I couldn't find my kids - they were probably next door! And with that thought, if my kids couldn't find me - I was probably next door! If Hunter was starting to look like a TV zombie, I just had to say "why don't you go find Carter" and he'd jump up and run over to see if he could play. I loved hearing them play on the trampoline - their funny games about "powers" and "special tricks." Cole and Whitney would talk about who would play at who's house on the way home from preschool and maybe Whitney's mom would let her eat Mac-N-Cheese at our house.
I can't help but to reflect back 4 years ago when I met Chari - they moved in a few weeks after us. She had a newborn and I was 9 months pregnant. We already had a lot in common! After I had Cole, we decided to start going to the gym together. We started with walking around the track and at first that was plenty! Then we decided to be "REALLY BRAVE" and try a class there. It was such a big deal (to me!) to try a class because it was challenging and exhausting... but we did it! We even did as many as 5 classes a week.... we were crazy. We kept each other going this past year as she was pregnant with #4 and I was pregnant with Danny - we both worked out till our delivery days. (all that stuff about recovery being easier with exercise is SOOO TRUE). Anyhoo - I'm so glad that Chari got me going and kept me going. Our friendship wasn't only about the gym, but it was the starting point. And it has been our "escape" for just an hour from the demands of children, housework, and everything else. We always have SOMETHING to talk about! Luckily, I have a new work-out buddy. So, the gym will continue to be a part of my life (it wouldn't happen without you Kristy!) But the fact that our next door neighbor is going to be someone else, makes us all sad. We've really enjoyed their family next to us and they are already sorely missed (it's been 4 days)!
Last week the movers came to box up their belongings and their family moved into our basement for 5 days. It was a dream come true for my kids. I know that Chari and Brian would have preferred their own beds - but it was sure fun to have them here all week. Here are some pics the morning they left. You've gotta love that Danny is already making moves on that cute little Kemery!








4 comments:

Kristy said...

We miss the Swensens too! Danny and Kemery sure do make a cute couple.

Chari said...

Thanks for making me shed a tear! We loved being there. I'm so glad you pulled up in your car and said hello as we moved in! I loved the gym and dread trying to do it again all by myself. Thanks for all the time you took my kids and saved my sanity. You were wonderful and I'm sure your new neighbors will be wonderful, whoever they may be.

Alisa said...

For a second I thought, "Is that (Kemery) Danny?! Did he turn blonde?!" Oops...nope!!

The Brown's said...

the was a really sweet post! there is nothing better than a really great friend. You have that type of friendship that will last forever:O)