Well, today is the first OFFICIAL day of Summer Break and we're starting with a run. I made new "to-do charts" for the boys and I'm afraid I've set the expectation way too high! I have a pretty long list for Hunter - but then again, I really think he can do it! I have him doing the following things:
Get Dressed
Brush Teeth
Piano
Brain Game (flash cards, writing, or a page in a math book)
Read 15 minutes
Chore 1
Chore 2 (THIS IS NEW AND I'M LOVING IT!)
Bedroom (just picked up)
Cole has the same things, except for Piano. His "brain game" is going to be writing letters. Today, he wrote his name.
So, I think I'm ambitious and then again, I think I'm such a slacker that this seems like such a big deal to us! Hunter is excited to fill out the chart everyday and Cole just wants to play with his buddy. Hopefully the "no friends, TV, or games till the chart is done" will stick. One day done and many, many, many more to go!!
3 comments:
Good luck! I look forward to the time when I can do the same. It's hard being cooped up in the apartment. I'm just a chicken to go exploring by myself, I'm afraid I won't make it back here! Keep up the good work! Enjoy the summer! We miss you!
Ohh...so smart!!
I'm so glad you posted this. I'm on it!! I'm doing this as well!
Post a Comment