Thursday, May 28, 2009

Recital Time

Many of you know that I have been doing a variety of "musical" things with Hunter for the past couple of years. First we did "Let's Play Music" which is AMAZING, WONDERFUL, and I can't say enough good things about it. This past year, we transitioned to regular piano lessons. He was doing fine with me - but at the same time, it was really tough to be the mommy, the encourager, and the critic. We managed till February and I decided to send him to a neighbor for lessons. My role changed dramatically. I became the helper and the motivator - which is what I really want to do. I still sit down with him every day to help him with his lesson and I really love that time. It's so fun to watch/help him progress. He's so bright and talented. (I'm the mommy, I can be prejudice!) One of my favorite things is hearing him run to the piano and do something over and over and over again - just because he loves playing it. I'm so proud of his hard work! Tonight he had a little recital - check out the clips! And yes, Cole decided to be a part of the duet.





7 comments:

Kristy said...

Sorry Lea, your camera work was a lot better than mine. Hunter did awesome though!

Mike and Ashley said...

oh so fun! all the pics and videos on your blog are fun:) I miss you guys. Love ya!

Laura said...

Oh, how awesome!! What a talented boy!! Yea!!!!!

Was that you on the duet or the teacher?

leadatortilla said...

Oh - that's me! All wrinkled and lovely looking, I know. oh well...!

Jenny said...

Wow- I'm so, so impressed!! Hunter looks so nice sitting at that piano and he is so good! Good for him! I know you're very proud! You totally looked like your Mom from behind- I almost thought it was her- you guys look a lot alike from behind! :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, what a talented boy! He did great...both songs. How fun to do a duet and I love you both just kept right on even with Cole peeping his head between the two of you.

GOOD JOB HUNTER! You did AWESOME!

Joni said...

Way to go Hunter! What a wonderful job!