Hunter had a MAJOR crash on his bike. He was down the street so I didn't see it. His friend rode back to us and said, "Hurry! Hunter's hurt and bleeding!" My kids are always falling and getting little scrapes... we tend to put band-aids on spots where they think it might bleed! So, I wasn't in a hurry. I figured it was a scrape. I rode calmly down to the corner (on my bike) and when I got there, I quickly realized that it was pretty bad! He had a PUDDLE of blood in front of him as he held his face. As I tried to figure out where the blood was coming from, I saw a dangling tooth... time to get the kid home and cleaned up! A neighbor quickly threw our bikes in the back of her pick-up and drove us back to our house (someone I hadn't met before!).
We quickly discovered a huge gash in his lip. And his tooth was cracking vertically. He got stitches that night in the ER - and he was very good despite seeing other people SCREAMING in the ER as the doctors worked on their head-wounds! We waited a couple of weeks to see if the tooth would bother him (half of it fell out the following morning). The tooth was hurting when biting into food, so I took him to the dentist yesterday. His nerve was exposed and becoming more inflamed daily - so the tooth got a little help out from Mr. Dentist and it was a cool tooth to see! I'm kinda sad that the tooth fairy took it away... it was very unique! *wink
It's tough to see, but he got stitches there on the right. Just a couple.
We quickly discovered a huge gash in his lip. And his tooth was cracking vertically. He got stitches that night in the ER - and he was very good despite seeing other people SCREAMING in the ER as the doctors worked on their head-wounds! We waited a couple of weeks to see if the tooth would bother him (half of it fell out the following morning). The tooth was hurting when biting into food, so I took him to the dentist yesterday. His nerve was exposed and becoming more inflamed daily - so the tooth got a little help out from Mr. Dentist and it was a cool tooth to see! I'm kinda sad that the tooth fairy took it away... it was very unique! *wink
It's tough to see, but he got stitches there on the right. Just a couple.
Here is the "resting place" that Hunter made for the Tooth Fairy. You know, she does get really tired and needs a soft spot to stop and rest during her busy night! (Our babysitter taught Hunter this one!)
2 comments:
Oh no! Poor boy! And poor Mommy...I would have been frazzled to discover all of that blood!
Wow! They let you guys keep the tooth? I just never thought of that - but I guess that's an important thing when it comes to the tooth fairy. :)
Post a Comment