Thursday, August 26, 2010

Day 18

My wedding:

Our wedding invitation photo: Our wedding day at the Manti LDS Temple:
Sad thing about growing older and having kids is that those memory cells quit working! So, here's what I remember:
We stayed at THE hotel in Manti, across the street from the temple. I don't think there was a choice for hotels! I was with my family and Shayne was with his. Our wedding was early in the morning and I don't remember sleeping well that night. My missionary companion (and trainer) did my makeup in the wee hours of the morning and Alisa (my sis) did my hair. Honestly, I remember FLOATING all day long. I no longer cared about what happened, how things looked, or what else was going on. I refused to make any decisions.
When we were sealed together for time and all eternity in the temple, I remember the sealer talking to us but I don't remember what he said. I later learned that he had asked us to look at him so to be sure we were hearing every word he was saying to better understand our promises that day. Well, we didn't look at him - we STARED into eachother's eyes the whole time and that was bliss.
After the marriage, we rode around the temple grounds in a horse drawn carriage (thanks to my parents) and by the time we got to the luncheon - the food was all gone!!! Luckily my mission companion had saved a few sandwhiches for us when she noticed the food was quickly dwindling.
We later had our reception at Shayne's aunt and uncle's home. It was AMAZING. I loved being outside and the weather was perfect. Their yard was BEAUTIFUL. They served strawberry filled crepes and I didn't get a single one. I don't think I even got to try my cake. Shayne claims that was the longest 2 hours of his life - greeting all those people! But, I thought it was fun. At the close, I sang a song I had rewritten to Shayne (You are My Sunshine) and we danced to the Zorro theme song. I think that dates us!
Ah, sweet memories!

5 comments:

Emily said...

I remember you making up the lyrics to that song when we were on tour!

I like these posts, they're fun. I may have to steal this idea :)

Chari said...

I love those pictures. You both look so young and in love! Not that you don't now, but in a different, more mature way. I am loving this 30 day thing. I learn so much about you that I never knew.

Kristy said...

Who is that little boy with all that hair?

Devri said...

I love hearing this because I wasn't even really a thought in any Saville's mind at that point. So fun! Love Shayne's vest! Does he still have it?

Unknown said...

This post made me tear up. I totally remember that day. Wish I could have been at the temple ceremony, but I remember they said you completely tuned the sealer out! I don't remember any of the food, but I do remember I didn't know I was the maid of honor until you set me straight and gave me the bigger set of roses. One of the best days of my life! ;)