Sunday, August 29, 2010

Day 20

A hobby of mine:

hob·by 1 (hb)
An activity or interest pursued outside one's regular occupation and engaged in primarily for pleasure


My #1 hobby is exercise. Sounds crazy, I know. But, I really, REALLY, REALLY love my new "addiction" to exercise. Even if it is only a "walk and talk" with my girlfriends - it's still MY TIME and I really enjoy it. It has broadened my horizons - five years ago I could not have imagined myself running for PLEASURE, biking more than 100 miles, or even being a regular YOGA student. Exercise has definitely become my hobby. I can do it because I go before Shayne leaves for work and before the kids even know I'm missing (6am). I'm grateful for my "workout buddies" (Chari, Kristy, and Heather) who have encouraged and motivated me through the past 4 years. Lots of days, I'd rather stay in bed but, the early mornings are definitely worth it. Thanks girls, you have made me a better person!


1 comment:

Kristy said...

We love you too Lea! And if you're not out tomorrow morning I'm coming in and dragging your fanny out of bed. Only because I love you though.