Thursday, June 23, 2011

Pretty girl

When I went to China I had very convincing reason to NOT chew on my nails - it was disgustingly dirty there and well, I just didn't want any diseases.  So, as I returned to the US, I thought about how I had gone a week (and mind you it wasn't easy) and why shouldn't I try for another one?  My nails were longer than ever before - I could honestly see a white tip!  So, here I am at 5 weeks and 4 days, and I'm holding strong.  I've lost a couple (when there's a snag it's hard to resist) but really, I've never had long, pretty nails.  In fact when I first painted my nails, I got some funny reactions:

Hunter:  What are you doing?  (painting my nails) Oh, you NEVER do that, why do girls do that anyway?
Cole:  What are you doing?  (Painting my nails) That's soooo WEIRD! Why?  I don't get it.
Danny on the other hand exclaimed, "Mommy you look pretty!"

 I really have to fight that urge to bite off my nails daily, I know it's pathetic - but really, it's been a habit I've tried to break for as long as I can remember!  I'm grateful for the sparkly nail polish that makes me feel so girly and even a pinch pretty!

6 comments:

Alisa said...

Good for YOU! They DO look pretty! I am jealous, because my fingernails aren't shaped like yours! P.S. The nastiest stuff ever known to man is this: http://www.amazon.com/Mavala-Stop-Biting-Sucking-0-3-Fluid/dp/B0000YUXI0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1308881780&sr=8-1

You should totally invest in a bottle to encourage keeping up the good work!!

Devri said...

Go Lea!!! Just remember Cole and his thumb! You can do it! I think you should reward yourself by getting an awesome manicure and pedicure! Or something else you'd like. Good job! Keep it up!

Unknown said...

When I saw that hand in the picture, I had NO idea it was yours, and trust me, I know your hands. You go you pretty girl!

Jenny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenny said...

OH, and you and Ben must be related. Ben has always bit his fingernails. Did you Mom ever cut them for you? Maybe that's why. I was just thinking how much of a pain it is to always trim Tyler's fingernails and I'm sure he would start biting them if I never did anything about them. They look really, really pretty!

Alisa said...

do they still look pretty?

Mom cut my nails!