Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Cali - we miss you!


We went to California for a little R&R - I don't think Cole even realized this is something people pay to have...

Playing at the "Golden Nugget" Hotel in Vegas - there's a waterslide through that shark tank - the boys loved it.


We spent a day with our BFF's Laura and Maynrad - we went to chill at a local park.  It was huge!  With a small zoo tucked into a corner - the kids loved the petting zoo portion.

I love this pic.... beautiful picture of beautiful people.

Someday we'll be surprised to see how big Hunter was compared to little Carlo - I'm sure he'll be running the next time we see him!  (Unless they decide to come visit us this weekend... hint, hint)

We headed to Oceanside to be with Shayne's family.  The boys were thrilled about going to the beach - although the excitement waned after a full day in the sun.  It wears you out digging through all that sand and crashing through the waves!  Danny got knocked down by a wave within the first 1/2 hour and decided to never go in the water again (unless it was forced by mommy for a wash-off).  He did enjoy the sand - especially this big pit dug by his cousins.

Uncle Shaughn had the whole beach gathering around him when he pulled out all sorts of treasures from the washed up seaweed - star fish, crabs, even a baby octopus.

Here was a little of that R&R we envisioned.

Enjoying the pier at sunset..... ahhhhhhh.

Part of the gang....  we never did get a full picture of everyone - but I think I got lots of pictures of everyone!

Hunter loved Boogie-boarding!  He and Chylee spent hours in the waves.

Like I said, Danny didn't care much for the water - but the sand was still fun.

We took the boys to Legoland - it was part of a deal for Cole to not suck his thumb for a continuous 3 months and it worked.  I think he's quit for good!  Legoland was fun - definitely something to do with 3-8 year olds.  Not younger - or older for that matter.  I'm glad the boys loved it.  We saw New York "legoized."  We have over 30 pics of the "Miniland" in Legoland - including Vegas, scenes from the US, and Star Wars too - that was a highlight for the family to see.

Danny quickly figured out that if his head didn't reach the stick - he was out of luck for a ride.  He would do little pull-ups and touch his head to the bar and say, "See, I tall enough! I am!"  Sorry little man.... not this year.

Back to inland Cali - we visited Griffith's Printing Shop (owned by Laura's dad).  We got to see printing in action and it was awesome.  We saw them working on flyers for Disneyland - and then saw the same flyers in Disneyland - Hunter couldn't help but to tell the employees about that printing process!  Thanks Laura and Walter for the tour!

Whenever we saw Grandma and Grandpa - Hip-Hip-HOORAY!  We love them sooo much!

Here is a pic of what Danny will look like with age, sun damage, Smoking habits, and overweight.... whoa.

We had lots of family time in Disneyland - but occasionally a few would stick around with us (with the little kids)  - we loved running into our cousins! 

We've learned to say "Smiling picture, now SILLY picture!"  Or - really, we'll have a bunch of silly pics.  My boys love to "pose" and they do it well!

I really admire these people in HOT HOT costumes in the hot Cali heat... ugh!  I don't want your job.

We have a picture of Hunter as a baby with this mean guy...  my how the family has grown!

Danny's favorite ride was Astro Blasters - a Toystory Ride.
 

All the cousins together with Grandma and Grandpa - minus 1 to arrive this December!  What a great looking group!!

That was a condensed version of our fabulous trip - I have over 500+ pictures if you wanna come see more!

5 comments:

Brian said...

Fun! I think I should be adopted into the Nelson clan for the next adventure like this. So fun. Loved the whole in the Beach. Makes me excited to go to LA in August!!!

Brian said...

Oh, and even though this says Brian, it's really Devri.

Unknown said...

It really makes me wish I could have gone too. How fun!

Jenny said...

What a blast- I didn't realize how many grandkids the Nelson's have- WOW! It's so great to have Big family vacations!

Rachael said...

Awesome pictures Lea! Love the shark tank - reminds me to book there next time we drive west. I can't believe all those animals washed up on shore - Our Big Guy would have been going nuts.