One of our favorite family vacations is to go to the Tetons and camp close to Jackson Hole - it's such an adventure every time! This time we invited along our good friends Chris and Kristy and their family since they have never camped up there - I'm pretty sure they LOVED it. It proved to be a fantastic vacation with a little "never will forget that ER" experience in the middle (more further down). Here are a FEW of the hundreds of pictures I took!
Our campsite ROCKED. It was a "group site" and since it's equipped to handle 50+ people, we had empty campgrounds all around us. Our kids had free reign of the trees, rocks, and all that was surrounding us.
Our new tent - looks small from this side view though!
Another bonus of a group-site - we had LOTS of table space.
Plenty of trees to climb!
The kids made a "playground."
"Bed-Head" by Hunter...
I was trying to be a fancy photographer for them...
Wait? The sports section in the woods? I guess it got burned in the fire that night...
We did some fishing. After setting up Cole's line, he immediately complained, "This is taking too long," "this is boring," "When am I going to catch one?" and then he says within 5 minutes - "I got something." Shayne didn't even hustle over there - we figured his line was snagged. He started to help pull it in - figuring it was another thing to fix - and then exlaimed - "Cole really did catching something!" It was a HUGE trout - and luckily it was such a fine catch since no one else had the good luck of making a catch that morning.
I'm so grateful that Taylor knew how to gut and take care of this guy for us - he was honestly giggling from the joy of gutting the fish!
Emily was very patient.... very, very, very patient.
I wish I had taken a picture of Max's line when he just left it there... he'd go wander and play - then come back for a 3 second check and back to roaming the beach area. I thought that was funny!
Danny ate all the snacks - and played with rocks. That's what fishing is all about.
We hiked the "Hidden Falls" by Jenny Lake. Before we started this little adventure, I kept complaining to Shayne about serious pain in my lower abdomen area. I had taken some Tylenol and honestly felt a 15 minute break from the pain and though - oh good, it's over now.... whatever was bugging me. So, here we are posing with the falls.... first this beautiful family!
then ours... (look at that belly!)
We got a group shot - I LOVE this picture.
After our hike, the pain returned and it was a fierce, sharp pain in my left side. There happened to be an "OB" in line with us and he suggested that it was a muscle spasm from my hike and told Shayne to rub the spot. It helped a tiny bit - but then again, not much. By the time we were back in the car, I was in agony. I couldn't sit, I couldn't lay down, I felt nauseated, and I just wanted to throw up and shrivel into a ball. It hurt SOOOO much. During our 15 minute drive back to the campground, I called the on-call Dr at home and he said "go to the ER." So, we did. The boys stayed at the campground with our friends - and Shayne and I drove for the next MISERABLE hour to Jackson Hole for their little hospital ER. I made threw up on the way there (I don't throw up, not even when I'm pregnant) and I really wanted Shayne to get pulled over so the police would just escort us there even faster. The ride was too long. I really can't express how much pain it was - or how fiercely constant it was. By the time I saw an OB, it ended. The pain was dull and honestly - it just ended. She ran a series of tests and determined it was an infected bladder - it couldn't possibly be a kidney stone since I certainly wasn't acting like a person with a kidney stone. That's when Shayne spoke up and said, "oh not - you didn't see her an hour ago... this is what it was like." He describe how it had been for the afternoon and then she (the Dr) knew it was definitely a kidney stone. Unfortunately, they did not give me any pain meds until AFTER the worst of it. Memories, sweet memories. I didn't have to stay the night - but it was definitely appealing to get meds into me, sleep in a bed (rather than on an air mattress), and I didn't know if it wasn't going to come back or not. The pain did not return and sure enough, I passed a kidney stone the next morning. I should have had a picture of it - but it was a lously looking prickly thing - kind of like a burr. All that for that?!?!?! The boys came to pick me up the next morning...
And we continued our vacation as usual! Our traditional photo op by the park.
A hike in the woods - where is everyone?
catching frogs...
Rock skipping contests can entertain kids (*and husbands) for hours...
They rescued a butterfly from the lake.... so sweet.
Sarah caught a fish!
Food, lots and lots of food. Nothing healthy of course.
Having fun hanging out by the fire.
Strike a pose, there's nothing to it.
Ummmmm, it was Shayne's idea to let him learn. We stopped before anything(one) got caught.
Thanks for going with us Kristy and fam!!! I hope we do this again NEXT YEAR!
4 comments:
Please, please, please can we do it again next year. That was the best camping trip we've ever been on.
Great pictures! We should go camping together sometime.
What a beautiful trip to the woods- seriously, it makes me want to fly there right now and go camping!! I love the outdoors and all the fun nature provides. It looks so refreshing right now. I'm so sorry about your kidney stone- I've heard that those are awful- so glad you recovered and feeling better again. Your belly is growing - looking cute! Your family is growing up too- wow! Is that Hunter's girlfriend? That was sure a cute photo :)!!!!!!
Looks like you guys had such a good time! I'm glad you made it through the scare. And holy cow - what a fish!
Post a Comment