Monday, September 12, 2011

School time!

Cole is a full-time 1st grader this year.  He loved his first day but does complain about being at school for SOOO long.  Sweetie, you've got a LOT of years ahead of you of these LOOOONG days!!  (PS both boys requested pictures by their respective playgrounds - sounded good to me)


Lining up with friends in his class line...  why do I get teary eyed?

Hunter is at a new school with all new kids...  I think we've made the right choice for him but it was still an intimidating day for him.  So far, he LOVES everything about his new school, teacher, and class - I'm in awe of his teacher and so excited about his enthusiasm for learning!


Really, I'm happy that my kids are back in school just because there are a few perks - routine, less fighting, less messes at home, and more time with just Danny and myself.  But, I'm sad too - I'm sad that our "freedom" of summer fun has ended.  I like to go and do things with my kids - not quite as easy with school schedules, soccer practices, and all that fun stuff that makes our lives crazy.  My constant prayer is that my boys will love to learn, find ways to be kind to others, and give their very best effort in all they do.  So far, so good!

2 comments:

Devri said...

You know, I do miss going to school in the fall. Summer never really feels like it ends when you don't have school to end it for you. Then, the coolness of September throws you off for a bit "Wow, it's a cold summer out there this year. Oh yeah, it's almost October."

Cute kids!

Jenny said...

Yes, there's nothing like going back to school- fun & exciting times!! Handsome boys!