Friday, November 11, 2011

More Cole stories...

I have 3 stories I want to share about Cole...

When I make home lunches for my boys, I'll throw in a "love note."  Evidently, my boys love getting these notes and when I forget to put one in, they ask why I didn't I write a note when they get home from school.   In fact, I asked Hunter to make his own lunch this week and he complained and complained and finally said, but I really want you to write me a note!  Ah-ha!  Now I get it.  So, I put a note in Cole's lunch at the start of this week and it said, "I love you to the moon and back.  Love Mommy"  He was very happy about it when he got home from school.  Then my good friend Kristy tells me that Emily (Cole's "girlfriend") got a love note from Cole... but it said "love mommy" at the end!!  When I asked Cole if he gave MY note to Emily, he got this sheepish grin and said, "HOW DID YOU KNOW?!"  "Well, it did say 'Love Mommy' on it!"  His matter of fact response was, "yeah, I wished I'd had a pen, I would have crossed that out."

Cole is my entertainer and hopeless romantic!  This week he wanted to host a "snack party."  I said that was fine, if he bought the snacks for his party.  So, we went to the store and he spent $10 of his own money to buy snacks to have a "snack party" for all his friends.  We had the party last night.  He set the table with plates, cups, and even decor.  I should have taken a picture of the decor.  The centerpiece was his current "invention" built out of toilet parts (we had to replace the toilet mechanism)!!  Not really my choice for decor!  His friends, Emily and Max came to the party.  He was disappointed that the others he had invited didn't come (I'm guessing parents didn't believe their kids) but they had a GRAND party.  They snacked and snacked and then they played games.  They played Musical Chairs, Duck Duck Goose, Leap Frog, and I even invented a "rolling game" that kept them moving and giggling.  The funny part was during the Duck, Duck, Goose game.  When it was Cole's turn, he'd walk around the circle and say, "duck, duck, duck, I love you (to Emily)," and proceed around the circle.  Other times he'd say, "hug, hug, kiss, kiss" or "my love".... oh that boy is such a schmoozer!!  I couldn't help but laugh aloud!

One more story about Cole.  We had hot dogs at Costco a few nights ago.  I got a salad and they gave me croutons for my salad.  My boys LOVE croutons - affectionately called "crunchies" in our house.  They kept trying to snitch them from my salad and I, of course, protested after everyone had a couple.  So, Cole decided to go ask for his own little packet of croutons.  I insisted that it wouldn't work, but he was determined.  I was also embarrassed - but I pick my battles and this wasn't one.  He patiently waited in line and returned to our table with a packet of croutons exclaiming, "I used my cute face to get my own crunchies!"

4 comments:

Devri said...

I LOVE Cole!!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, Greg and I were laughing so hard! He is one of a kind!

Julie S said...

Oh my, it is so COLE!

Jenny said...

Wow- he is so in love- how precious at such a young age! You better watch out when he's a teenager!