Night before: what will I do if it's raining?
6:30am: well, it looks dry and there are breaks in the clouds, there's a chance it'll be a nice day
8:00am: It's start time and it's POURING, do I really want to do this?
8:10am/Mile 1: Why am I doing this?
Mile 2: Whoa, fingers wet, legs wet, jacket soaked, and my shorts are soaked... wet, wet, wet. I should have bought rain gear. No, I shouldn't buy rain gear - I'll never do this again.
Mile 3: I should have brought winter gloves that are waterPROOF
Mile 13: Sun! Sun! Sun!
Mile 23: I can't feel my feet, but there's a rest stop soon, right?
Mile 30: I love hot chocolate and baggies over my freshly changed socks (now dry). The fig newtons are also hitting the spot.
Mile 35: That's too soon for a lunch break!
Mile 40: Rain Rain go AWAY! (And this rain is fiercely attacking me! PAINFUL!)
Mile 42: SUN!
Mile 43: What? Rain, AGAIN? Why do I feel puddles in my shoes? Why does this black cloud keep following us?
Mile 50: I can miserable for ten more miles - I know I can, I know I can...
Mile 59: I swear that it said 2 more miles 4 miles ago....
Mile 60: Not the longest ride I've ever done, but it was the most physically demanding. Not sure who I proved anything to, but once again, I have proven to myself that I can do hard things.
I'm so grateful for Rach and Lynnette who kept me moving. I definitely felt a tug to quit at the start and I honestly don't know if they ever wanted to quit - so I just had to keep going! I also loved having Shayne there at the finish for me - usually my rides are too far away for the family to come. The boys almost saw me ride in but, they were busy playing. Their favorite part was my buffet at the end of the ride. Thanks hon for supporting and humoring me in this fantastic hobby of mine! I do love to ride my bicycle...
PS as documented by the photos, I rode this entire ride without touching my handlebars. ha ha ha






4 comments:
You're such a trooper and you can do hard things! I would have given up before it even began. Way to go.
Holy Smokes! Way too much rain for me, but you definitely pulled it off! Way to go!!!
Oh.... such an AMAZING post!! I totally loved your mile/minute thought process. It made me laugh and smile and wish everything had been different. But we did it!! I talked to two women in my ward yesterday who BOTH dropped out and couldn't do it. We are amazing! We did it! And we'll never forget it :)
Dude, you're crazy. :)
Post a Comment