We had the opportunity to accompany the "Ambassadors of Utah" (as chaperones) to Europe this summer. My parents were in charge of making this trip happen and obviously, that was our connection to this amazing adventure. We both left thinking - this is going to be cool to see Europe, but going with a group of high school kids just doesn't seem ideal. Well, it proved to be GREAT and AMAZING and honestly - words can't describe the amount we saw and did, nor can I say enough about the caliber of students we traveled with. It was truly AWESOME. The students performed (choral and band) in every city we visited and the concerts were fantastic. The audiences were fantastic! I'm so grateful we got to do this trip. I'm including a few of my 1,000+ pictures - I think I need a new hard drive just to save all the pics that my dad and I took on our own cameras! Enjoy the sights...
Windsor Castle
St Pauls Cathedral
Millenium Bridge (you've seen this in Harry Potter, well, if you watched Harry Potter)
The London "EYE"
Lining up to see the "Change of Guard"
In front of Buckingham Palace
I liked their lingo around town...
We loved this huge building - I believe it's just a government building - but it was magnificent.
These are the capsules on the EYE, we're in one ourselves.
The view from the EYE
The Black Friars Corner - just a really neat building.
Having the beloved "Fish-n-Chips" - best ones in London according to our food sources.
*noted, Shayne wants this tombstone for his grave.
One of the fans early to the concert. He had a Utah flag and a US flag in the other hand - this place was filled up during the band concert.
The Rosetta Stone - the stone that changed what we know about ancient languages since it had 1 message in 3 languages, including Egyptian.
Inside the theatre before the "Lion King" musical. It was spectacular. But also hard to stay alert after walking and moving all day long!!
No comments:
Post a Comment