There is a small town south of here that does this boat building contest. We had to bring oars and life jackets and creative thinking-caps. I think it was a two hour max to build a boat out of the provided supplies: 2 sheets of cardboard, 2 rolls of duct tape, and 1 large board. Hunter brought along his best friend and Papa teamed up with Cole. I kept little kids occupied and tried not to help but, in the end, I did help get some tape on Hunter's boat to meet the deadline. Cole couldn't go out on the lake since he broke his finger the weekend before (oh - I should post pictures of that one!), so Papa tried to row their boat, but made it only 1 paddle length. Hunter and his friend made it half-way through the course - I just had to put all the pics on here to see it in action. I found out about this in the paper and I hope it becomes a yearly tradition - even though we don't live in that cute town!
1 comment:
So fun! How did we miss this? Next year!
Post a Comment