Our 4th of July festivities were quite simple this year. On the 3rd, we invited over Chris & Cherae's family, and our neighbors (Scott's family) and did a little firework show in front of our house. Luckily, the neighbors across the street were also doing theirs the same night and they had some HUGE (expensive) ones that topped off the night. We had some sparklers, tanks, snakes, fountains, and bottle rockets and it was a great night. Somehow the boys decided it would be fun to jump over the fountains - yeah, I know that's not a good idea but it still happened despite disapproving looks from the Mommy. \
Uncle Chris had a sore back and paid big bucks for the boys to massage it for him. Seriously, he paid big bucks. I hope it was worth it - the boys were loving the money, of course.
Scott's family
Dare-devil Cole
Carson got air!
I made a cherry pie that was to-die-for, FROM SCRATCH! I pitted the cherries and made the crust and it really was the best pie I've made. Now I know Chris' favorite pie.
On the 4th of July, Shayne took the big boys to a movie and I stayed home with Skyler for naptime (which was fantastic for me too!) After naptime, Skyler and I moved the big boy bed into his room. Pretty soon, we won't need our crib anymore - that thought makes me happy and sad at the same time. That evening, we sat at a park closeby and watched the Thanksgiving Point fireworks with Nana & Papa - it was a perfect night!


No comments:
Post a Comment