In June we enjoyed Sunday night concerts in the park - watching Papa direct the band! After the first concert I reminded my dad how I loved going to concerts in the park as a child and my favorite part was the children's march with the little America Flags. That got the wheels turning and by the final concert of the month, my dad had purchased flags, made the holding racks, and Wa-Lah - we had flags for the traditional children's march!! Even my big kids (and nephews) had to go do it (hee-hee). I love it when my dad scoops up Skyler and carries him for the march too!
The next parade was our city parade - I have a new calling in church (Primary Prez) and I was able to participate in a few of the decisions. Honestly - I did not have much to do with it, but my small role got Danny a spot on the float as the Lion (it helped that I had a lion costume too). Only Hunter and Danny participated and it was a lot of work! There was a parade on Friday evening and Saturday morning. We had a huge amount of support, lots of kids participating, and it was a great float! We've been out of town for the past MANY years when this annual parade happens and it was a lot of fun to be a part of the festivities. Check out the tin-man, it was a spectacular costume.
Danny with his best friends, Ben & Jace.
No comments:
Post a Comment