Friday, July 8, 2016

Santa Visits

It's already July and I'm terribly behind on my blogging!  Maybe I can get December posted before August!  
We attend the BYU President's Christmas party every year.  Shayne's parents were telling me that they've been to almost everyone single one minus 4 or 5 times in the last 30+ years.  It's a family tradition and we're still enjoying it with our kids!  We have our little routine - kids do crafts and Grandpa jumps into the Santa line as soon as it opens.  He does all the waiting while they get crafty and eat donuts and drink punch.










After the visit with Santa - it's off to the activities.  I try to take pictures - but really the kids move too fast and I just enjoy it all.  We always find a way to check out the BYU Bookstore while there too.

Later that night, I knew that Shayne's parents were helping with their ward party.  I conspired with Grandma (and didn't tell Grandpa) and got to the party in time for the special visitors.  When his grandsons walked up on the stage to sit on Santa's lap - it was a moment of pure joy.  These two are the cutest Santa and Mrs. Clause couple!  I know they'll have people begging them to do it again every year! 




No comments: