Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Easter Traditions

It's too bad that I'm posting this MONTHS after the fact - I can't remember what day we did what - but I do know that we get to have two Easter traditions.  First - with my family.  Dying the REAL eggs, hiding them, and rolling them, and then eating creamed eggs.  Some of my kids are even eating it now (I consider it a miracle if everyone eats the same thing)

With the cousins



These two could be siblings!







The meanest egg roller award goes to Skyler this year - he was a maniac!  Fortunately, some still survived and made it into the dinner we ate together!

The next day (I think this was on Easter Sunday) we met Shayne's family at the park.  The tradition: plastic eggs (filled with candy or $) and Grandma always tries to stump the grandkids with a really hard one to find.  We also threw in an intense game of Speed.






I see a little bird in the tree - no wait - that's Clayton!




I love that all the kids participate - even though they are growing up.


Here's Connor trying to find the really hard egg - it was in Grandpa's pocket (if I remember correctly!)


Carson found his egg!




Easter is full of fun traditions and family.  I am so grateful to be surrounded by family and loved ones as we celebrate the most important part of Easter - our Savior.  I hope my boys know how much He means to me and how my heart is full of gratitude as I count my many blessings in our little circle of chaos.

No comments: