Sunday, November 20, 2016

BEST SURPRISE EVER!!

About 1 week before this happened, my sweet husband said, 
"By the way, you are going to visit Lara on these dates and I wanted to surprise you the morning of - but you keep filling up your calendar.  So now you know"

I don't know if I was very fun to surprise - but really, I WAS SHOCKED!  No - he has not done this before and no, it was not on my radar, AT ALL!!  He had arranged to work from home while I was gone and had taken care of all necessary arrangements for me to go and have a girls weekend with my sis!  Once I knew about it - Lara wanted to know what we should do - have I been to Savannah?  Nope - never heard of it!  So - it was decided to visit historic Savannah!

day 1 - long drive and a couple hours on the beach.
sans kids - just talking - and well - it was RELAXING!

We found a local must eat-at crab shack near the beach... the decor was so quaint and great!




Ghost tour in Savannah - very interesting and fun!


The next day we did a trolley tour of the town - so I could see it all!  We could get off and see spots and just hop on another trolley - it was a great way to see the city.  



A candy shop - and making taffy (my favorite)




While admiring the Cotton-Exchange building - a tour walked out and asked if we were there for the tour - YES!!  It is now a Masonic temple and the history of the cotton exchange was fascinating and being inside a Masonic Temple was super interesting in its own right.



We drove back to Lara's and I had Sunday/Monday to hang out with her family.  Of course - that included a golf-cart ride.



I got to check out their new "WHEELS!" 


Sunday evening walk with the princesses and Superman.


On Monday morning, the kids went to school and Lara and I went on a little hike (minutes from her house) and it was a great morning.  I almost felt like I caught up on conversation after 3 straight days of talking! ha!







Thanks Shayne - for this gift.  And thank you Greg for also sacrificing your wife so we could go to Savannah.  And thank you Lara for being my blister.  (yes that's what I meant to type)
;-)

No comments: