Monday, September 6, 2010

Day 26

Your week in great detail:

Ummmm, I should have written it down as I went through the week - I can't remember!

Monday:
Slept in till 7:30 (recovering from sleepless night at the family reunion in Idaho)
Drive kids to school
Grocery shopping with Danny and Cole
Go to "Let's Play Music" class with Cole (he loved it!) and neighbor watched Danny for me
Work on a picture book about the Family Reunion - it has to be done by Tuesday to get my "Freebie" Shayne's parents stop on their way home from Idaho to give me more pictures and edit my progress.
Pick up kids from school
Find out that babysitter is sick and frantically call to get another!
Teach lessons till 7pm.
Get kids to bed and I probably finished up the book.

Tuesday:
Ran 4 miles plus two extra laps (1/4 mile) - I want to get up to a 10K by October.
Take kids to school
Run to The Roller Mills - hoping to use a coupon Shayne bought.
Fix lunch for me and a friend - YUMMY chicken shish-ka-bobs with artichoke hearts and lemon wedges. Celebrate our boys going to Kindergarten with cake!
Teach a couple lessons
Pick up kids from school
teach more lessons till 7pm. - once again, babysitter did not show! (a different one) and luckily - Shayne got home after 1/2 hour of chaos.
Run to Cole's Soccer game - late.
Bath time for the kids.
Shayne gives Cole a Father's Blessing - first day of kindergarten tomorrow!

Wednesday:
Swimming Aerobics with the best teacher ever - this is not a class for an "easy day"
Take kids to school - including Cole to Kindergarten. I stay to watch him go into class. I spend the morning trying to remember that it was only a few years ago that I did this with Hunter... will my Cole seriously grow up this fast too?
Danny and I go home and pick rasberries then do laundry.
Pick up Cole - celebrate his first day with an artichoke. YUM!
Spend time reading with Cole then he has a friend come over to play.
I clean more.
Pick up the big kids from school.
Shayne takes Hunter to soccer practice.
We all go to Trafalga for a little family fun. We play miniature golf.
Bedtime

Thursday:
Yoga class at the gym. Why doesn't Yoga ever seem EASIER?
I DO NOT take kids to school today - I'm babysitting my neighbors kids so she can go on a school field trip with her 5th grader. I have a 1 year old and a 5 year old - suddenly Danny has become super stingy about sharing his toys, booster seat, or his mommy. hee hee.
lunchtime - go pick up Cole. Get the other little guy out the door to his carpool to his kindergarten class (Cole is sad that he only had 10 minutes to play with his best friend.)
Put the little ones down for a nap and I clean all the floors - sweep and mop then vaccuum.
Neighbor comes to get her baby and she kindly picks up the big kids too - since Danny slept till 4pm!!! WOW!
Go to Hunter's soccer game
Rehearsal with Wasatch Winds Community Band - I'm soooo out of shape - but glad to be there.

Friday:
Spin class. Wait a minute - you already had a run down of this day. I'm not going to say it again.

Saturday:
Get up at 5:15 am to help get the boys out the door with their Papa and Grandpa to go fishing. I go back to bed. :-) And sort of sleep.
Go on a bike ride with my mom and my sister. I pull Danny and little Maiya in the trailer - it was a beautiful ride around Mapleton. So many HUGE BEAUTIFUL HOMES! And it definitely smelled better than my hometown.
Watch the series "Wives and Daughters" with my mom all day - It was such a great lazy day. My kids played (or fought) all day with their cousins and I enjoyed a day of 'do nothing.' We don't go home till after 7pm.
I spend the late hours deciding how I'm going to run Primary Singing Time the next day.

Sunday:
I did my hair today. Yes, that is an occassion - I never, EVER, fix my hair. It takes too much time and I'm reminded that it'll probably be another 5 months before I do it again. (straightening my hair, that is)
Go to church with the family. It was a rough start with some pouting an crying - but we all get there eventually. I even get a hug from Hunter. We're both sorry for losing our tempers.
I do a fun activity with the Primary Kids to help review the song "I Know My Savior Loves Me" - I think they enjoyed it.
Shayne and I make an awesome lunch of Pot-stickers, fresh broccoli, and rice. Put Danny down for a nap and we decide to nap too - 3 hours of BLISS.
Decide to move all our "seasonal" decor to the huge shelf we built in the garage. We have a LOT of Halloween and Christmas stuff..... A LOT.
Have a family Movie Night. Probably wouldn't recommend the movie to other families - wasn't as good as I hoped. Oh well.
Bed time.

Hope you aren't crying from boredom.

No comments: