Hunter
Breakfast: Waffles
Snack: Guacamole
Cole "I want to wear my fast as lightening shirt so everyone knows I'm as fast as lightening."
Breakfast: Sugar Pancakes
Snack: Artichoke
Yes, you read that right. Cole has been BEGGING and BEGGING for an artichoke. So, I finally said he could have it for his first day of school. He got in the car after school and said, "is my artichoke ready?"
This morning when I took Cole for his first day, he had plenty of time to play on the kindergarten playground. It is a fenced in playground with a small play area. I glanced over and look who was there--Big brother Hunter was looking out for Cole! And as you can see, Danny wanted to be by Hunter!
As for how I feel about having 2 kids in school this year, I think my dear friend Rachael said it best,
"I look forward to this day almost from the first week of summer. I look forward to the blessed few hours of quiet time in my home. Shopping trips become a breeze with fewer distractions. Complex projects and long awaited goals suddenly become a reality. Our bathroom stays clean for hours, the pillows on the couch stay put and you can almost eat off the kitchen floor - it's that clean. Yes, I definitely look forward to the start of the school year.
So why do I feel like part of my soul goes walking out the door when they leave?"
I love you Hunter and Cole! I'm so proud of both of you!
4 comments:
They are seriously growing up so fast! Loved the post! And Rachael's quote was perfect. :)
Hunter is my new best friend. He and I are going to have after school snack everyday eating chips and guacamole!
I tried to get onto bloglines...and I think I am so dumb. I can't figure out how to add the blogs. will you email me. thanks
Oh wow. I do love the idea of a special breakfast and the special after-school treat. Must try and get that one worked in for next year... (How do you do the breakfast thing though if they want totally different meals??)
And I never knew my own writing could be so moving :) I think you're just trying to butter me up because you know I still have your bottle of Miracle Whip and mustard in my fridge...
Post a Comment