Tuesday, October 12, 2010

All about Hunter

Our little Hunter is growing up so fast. These past few weeks have been CRAZY busy - filled with special events for our 8 year old. Here are the highlights:

A family party at the park. Hunter and his cousin, Carson, are a 1 year and week apart. So, I tried to make it special by making a cake for each of them. Shayne and I decorated them ourselves!

The birthday bash at Chuck-e-cheeses was almost a tragedy! We did NOT pay the big bucks for the birthday party arranged by them - we did our own thing and thought it wouldn't be a big deal. Well, our cheapness almost devasted the birthday boy when Chuck-ee came out and greeted two other birthday parties and put special plastic crowns on their heads. It was SOOOO sad to see Hunter's eyes well up with tears... luckily, Chuck-ee saved the day and came over to our table too. He gave Hunter a big hug and suddenly, it was ok that he didn't have the crown (that would have cost an additional $120 dollars!!!!).
Hunter requested cupcakes for this big party.




I love this picture of Hunter's friend - we didn't do the "fancy birthday" thing - but we did give each of the boys OODLES of tokens to play games.

Danny's favorite ride.... over and over, and over and over.

Next came Hunter's first Pinewood Derby with the Cubscouts. It was a little bit of a sad night for this guy - his daddy helped him make the coolest looking Batmobile - seriously, it was a beautiful car. But, looks aren't everything. The car officially took last place every time and poor Hunter was crushed. We promised him that next year, we'll learn the tricks of the trade and we'll be better prepared with a fast car - not just a cool looking car!! Who knew that everyone in our neighborhood was hiding serious engineering skills? I'm grateful that the scout leaders had an award for each kid. He left a happy boy.
Now for the biggest event. Upon turning 8, Hunter had the choice to be baptized a member of The Church Of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He made this choice for himself and we're so happy for him and his decision to follow Christ. We had lots of family and friends come to celebrate the special day - a BIG hug to everyone for being a part of his special day. Hunter is such a sweet, sweet boy and truly tries to do good in all he does.




I always get nervous about posting names of other families on my blog, but this little friend came a long ways to come see Hunter. Thanks! And I'm amazed that this "little" friend is a year YOUNGER than Hunter. Hunter gets frustrated that he isn't taller just because he's older, sorry son, but this is going to be the story of your life.

What a lucky boy to have 2 of his great grandma's here plus both sets of Grandparents.

A group photo - There are a few missing!!

4 comments:

The Brown's said...

what a fun list of activities! He is such a sweet boy. i miss seeing him every week in primary:)

Spencer and Shalynn said...

Congratulations Hunter on turning 8 and choosing to be baptized! I love the soccer ball cakes-super fun!

Unknown said...

Seriously, I started crying reading this post. I can't believe Hunter is so big! (And who was the special friend? I don't recognize him.)

Devri said...

That's the cutest cub scout I have ever seen! I just love Hunter!