I knew that Cole's school was going to be selling cookie dough for their fundraiser this year and I didn't think much about it. Last year, Cole sold 2 cookie dough orders, both to me! This year, he came home and said, "I need to sell 20 cookie doughs to get an MP3 player, can I start now?!?" Sure - why not? I suggested he go across the street where it's a different school boundary and he went to work! He sold cookie dough everyday after school until he ran out of houses he knew - then he talked to Grandma/Grandpa and even sent the order form with his daddy to work. He was only 1 order shy of his goal and then he talked to Nana - wa-lahhh - she helped him reach his goal (and more!) and this little boy knew he was getting his MP3 player!! He was so excited! Then, he found out that the top 10 sellers of the school got to go on a limo ride, out for lunch, and an afternoon of playing at "Cornbelly's" DURING school hours. I can't even tell you anxious he was about the results. Finally, they announced the winners and Cole was one of them!!! His MP3 player is filled with Weird Al and more Weird Al and he still talks about how lucky he was to go in a limo while he was so young. I loved watching him work so hard - evidently this kid is goal oriented and can be diligent when he puts his heart into it. Who knew?!?
1 comment:
Nice job, Cole!!
Post a Comment