Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Thanksgiving

The day before Thanksgiving, Devri and I made pies together!  While we were busy baking - the kids were busy building a fort and having a picnic.



I'm grateful that Hunter and Cole have their Ecalono cousins who are close in age with them and they are best of friends.  My two little guys have Michael and Rachel (and Gabe will work himself in there too) and I hope they are always best buddies too.  It's a blessing to have cousins close by and cousins as close friends.  It's a reason to never ever move!

The BIG meal
 We had so much food and there were enough leftovers that I ate Thanksgiving for lunch the next 3 days!  My kids now appreciate Nana's stuffing (I love that!) and I love that Skyler is always so excited for Aunt Devri's SMASHED potatoes.  She does know how to do her potatoes!





I don't remember everything we did that day - but I know we spent the day at Brian's home and we were surrounded by family.  It's a blessing to have our family nearby - and the sad truth is we don't always make time for each other in our busy lives.  So these get togethers are always fun and not frequent enough!  Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

No comments: